And You Will Call Her Aimee

Sunday, November 06, 2005

The announcement

It was November 1st. We were headed to Cappy's house for her birthday celebration. After we had dinner and she had opened her gifts, James decided that there was time left for one more gift. After I chickened out and wouldn't make the announcement, he got up to get a piece of paper so he could write down our news. He said, "Our gift to you is you will be 2nd grandma".

She stifled a squeal and asked if she could pass it around. Kathy took the paper and unabashedly read it aloud. All seemed shocked, but happy.

When I got home, I wrote an email to announce to the rest of our friends and family.

My friend Aimee in New Mexico, upon reading our announcement, immediately said (half in jest) "And you will call her Aimee!" She is waiting for someone to take her up on it! Smile. And just tonight I looked up the meaning of Aimee.

It means...

Loved One

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home