And You Will Call Her Aimee

Saturday, November 04, 2006

it IS a great day!

“Today IS a great day!!” This has been my mantra all morning. Do you know that even if you don’t feel something, you can fake it until you do? The greatness started when Noah took a long morning nap so that Isaac and I got to have a date at the grocery store!! Daddy was at home putting plastic over the windows to keep the heat in and the staple gun didn’t faze Noah a bit…so Daddy stayed with Noah and Mama and Isaac went to get some groceries. Isaac likes to put the food that Mama picks into the back of the cart. He does this very well. He even got stickers from the cashier today! The next greatness was our walk. Today was Isaac's walk. I bundled us all up, as it was a bit nippy outside and strolled us up the street. As soon as we got to the trail I set Isaac loose. He LOVES to walk! Immediately I regretted not bringing my digital camera. The pictures you will see in this blog are the best I could do with the manual zoom feature of my Side Kick (my own two legs!) I admired Isaac’s independence. He did not want to stay on the trail. Of course, me being me, I saw this as a parallel for his personality. I admire people who will not stay on the trail that life has marked out for them. And I told Isaac so. His curiosity took him as far away from me as I was comfortable. I am sure he would have kept going had I not asked him to come back. Fearless, that one! And the stumbles and falls along the way hardly phased him. He invented a new game…climbing up the hill throwing the rock down the hill, going down to get the rock and do it all over again. Ingenious! Mama and Noah had a great day watching Isaac and enjoying the sunshine.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it great to watch your child create? Well, it's great to watch your child watch HER child create, too! ILY

4:16 PM  
Blogger Keri said...

Haha, I loved what your mom said! It's so nice to see parents allow their children explore for that is where the most learning happens, a learning without restrictions. When the snow comes, I'm sure there's more exploring for Isaac to do! ;)

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home