And You Will Call Her Aimee

Monday, November 07, 2005

Interviewing Midwives

We had our first interview with a midwife last week. We want to try again for a home birth. This midwife will do VBACs (vaginal birth after cesarean) as long as there is a hospital close by and as long as I am willing to have one ultrasound later in the pregnancy. St. Mary's hospital is 2 minutes from us...no problemo.

She does trade for payment. I am so excited about this because she needs painting done, and yard work. I told James I would feel so loved and supported if he were to "pay" for prenatal care. Especially right now when we have not as much cash flow as we once did, this is a wonderfull option! There is even a program in Maine for people who want to trade their services. The best part is that one hour of anyones' time is worth one hour of someone else's no matter what their skill is!

I want to interview a couple more midwives before I decide, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home