And You Will Call Her Aimee

Friday, May 12, 2006

5/11/06 Prenatal

First I will tell you about the interview we had with the doula Lindsay Johnston. She is young (can't be too much older than me if she is) and reminds me of the doula we had in New Mexico. I like her. She would go with me to the hospital and be a 24/7 support for me. She would be able to help me stay present with the process of laboring and be my "voice" with the midwives/nurses/doctors in the hospital. We plan to have more visits and get to know her even better. She would be the one "sure thing" in the whole process; we don't know which midwife we will have or which nurses or which doctors. We would pay Lindsay for her services (we could have free doula services through the YWCA, I have heard, from doulas in training. But I chose to go this route. I am working on becoming a part of Maine Time Dollars. My first attempt didn't work out. I sent an application to the Lewiston chapter which seems to be no more. I have heard nothing these months and done nothing about it since we decided not to use a midwife for a home birth and use MaineCare insurance in the hospital instead. But now that we want to hire Lindsay I am looking into getting involved again. ( look it up if you want to know more. Seems to be a great program! www.mtdn.org )

That interview was Tuesday. My prenatal was yesterday (Thursday). I have gained no weight in the last two weeks. I am still "dumping" protein (There is more protein in my urine sample than there should be) but my bp was great 118/72 so the midwife did not ask me to do all the lab work that I did after my last prenatal (see previous post). Also the results from the lab work (urine test and blood work) came back fine; another reason that she was not worried.
She measured my belly, 35cm. I am 33wks. Hard to imagine that I was having Isaac about now! And baby's heart beat was good. Now I have to call and make an appointment to fill out paper work with the anesthesia dept (just in case).

I have turned over setting up interpreters to James.

And also yesterday I had an appt with a woman named Robin who does Pele Rising body work. Speaking of work...I have to head out the door for work now so I will try to add something about this appt later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home