And You Will Call Her Aimee

Friday, May 26, 2006

5/26 Prenatal

Isaac is happily pulling pots and pans out of the kitchen cabinets so I have a bit of time to update you on my latest prenatal which was this morning.

The doula was supposed to come with me but she had a client go into labor. So I went by myself. I met with the nurse practioner because my midwife was also attending a labor... I had a group b strep culture done and will find out about that sometime. If I test positive for strep (yes, "down there") then they will force me to have antibiotics, through the IV that they will force me to have as soon as I am admited to labor and delivery, so that the baby has less chance of getting the infection.

My blood pressure was fine and there was no protein "dumped" into my urine this time. I am very greatful for this since the last two appointments there was protein detected. I have gained 6lbs. I don't feel this is a worry since I hadn't gain any at the last two appointments.

I was measured at almost 39wks. I am only 35wks. You are typically supposed to measure the same number of centimeters as you are weeks along. So they have scheduled an ultra sound for next Friday at 3pm (after my next prenatal; I am weekly now) to see if the extra centimeters are due to amniotic fluid, or big baby (I know my dates are right). I do hope it is the former and not the latter. Big baby will decrease my chances to have a vaginal birth.

So that's it in a nut shell. I still have alot that I want to get done. The going feels painfully slow. Not only do we have Isaac to conscider but I feel as though I am going at a turtle's pace in just about everything I do. Pray I will have everything done that really is necessary. Sometimes my have-to-do-list has it's-alright-if-it-doesn't-get-done items on it and I have a difficult time discerning the difference. Smile.

Isaac is now biting my ankles...I think he wants my attention :)
James is off playing with his little friends at a birthday party. You know what that means...sigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home