And You Will Call Her Aimee

Friday, December 01, 2006

Boundaries

Boundaries

I took your wood, the wood you gave me. And now you are angry my fire burns brighter than yours. Keep your wood. It is my fault for not knowing I could find my own. Now I know. We feed the fires of our saviors, hoping the blaze wil keep us alive and warm. When the flames get too hot we fear our death and feed less wood to the fire. When the fire threatens to go out we pile on more wood. When the fire dies we are lost. It is then we have the choice to find another savior or feed our own fire. Codependency is then need to regulate another's fire because we have made that person our savior. And freedom from codendency is tending our own fire. Tending my own fire I can stop trying to save myself by saving you and start loving us both.
Let me sit
By your fire
I gaze
Upon beauty
The flames burn higher and brighter
As you watch me
Tend
My own
Life
Giving
Love of self

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Anne Evans said...

You go girl! The climb out of codependency is a steady uphill climb with jags and crags and caves along the way. But once the journey is begun, the quest to see from a higher and higher perspective propels the climb. Stopping at any point along the way is okay, too. There is much to learn in each cave and on each jagged point upon which to sit and ponder. All of it is good....ALL of it! It is life....ALL of it! Enjoy the climb, the sit, the pondering, the view. Enjoy the Love that makes it all worthwhile.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home