And You Will Call Her Aimee

Friday, June 02, 2006

6/2 Prenatal

I measured right on at 36wks today. This was the third person in a row to measure me and so I believe the differences in measurements were due to this fact. I asked the midwife that I saw to today (not my regular midwife) if I needed the ultrasound after all. She said it was up to me but that she didn't feel it was really necessary. I asked her what they would do if I had it done and they found an excess of amniotic fluid. "Nothing", she smiled. So I asked what they would do if the ultrasound showed the baby to be "big". "Nothing", she smiled again. So with a puzzled look on my face (and she knew this question was coming) I asked her why have an ultrasound at all! She laughed. She said that if I had one done and there was more than usual fluid then she would look to see if my diabetes test was borderline and go from there but that I was not a condidate for induction and it wouldn't make much difference at this point. She said that if I were to go into labor tomorrow that they would let me do my thing and not try to stop it. I was very relieved to hear that!!! I feel that we have made it over a milestone.

On the downer side of things, my car is very sick and I will not be making heroic financial efforts to save her...we are looking at needing a new car. James' car is finally up and running...it took a lot of doing I must say but it is running for the time being. We will be sharing that car instead of mine for a while. I guess we don't need a new car right away. WE have time to let the Universe work its magic. I am thinking mini van at this point. Wow...makes me feel old, ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home