And You Will Call Her Aimee

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Prenatal 6/15

The roller coaster continues!! Smile. The very good news is that I do not show signs of preeclampsia. This is very good because if I did they would take the baby c-section, no question. They will not induce someone who has had a prior c-section. The risk of uterine rupture is too great. This is controversial, i.e. some hospitals will induce someone with a prior c-section but the one I am going to will not. Fine with me. Induced labor sucks. So does a c-section but I also feel there is less risk to me and the baby having a baby rather than being induced. This is a mute point for now. I have signs to watch/feel for in case preeclampsia creeps up.

My BP is fine and there was no protien in my urine today. I was measuring big still so I will have an ultra sound tmrw at 2pm. My "regular" midwife measured me today (after 3 different people measured me at the last 3 prenatal appointments) and I was measuring big (by 3cm). I am 38wks and measuring about 41. So I will go ahead with the ultra sound. If the baby is estimated to be over 10lbs (I highly doubt this is the case) then we will discuss c-section. So this is what they are checking for.

In the mean time, I realized that much of my discomfort (pelvic/hip area) and soreness is because I have been holding a lot of tension in my body. Even my jaws were sore this morning! I am practicing truly relaxing my body and letting emotion surface as it will. I think I was trying to hold the baby in until after I was done with work. Well, I am done with work and still tense...must be some fears surfacing. Good for them to surface now rather than in the middle of labor. Smile.

It is supposed to be hot this weekend. I am going to visit with some women-friends tmrw and we may go up to the in-laws for a bbq on Sunday for Father's day. I wish our car was air conditioned!!!

Isaac is napping and so I will lay down too. I have a good book on vaccinations that I want to read up on.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is auntie M and GraMAE here. Just read today's entry and tres chouette (very cool in french and pronounced for you french-challenged individuals...tray schwette. There, now you can all sound tres chouette!)

ba-bye for now. I love youuuuuu!

11:45 AM  
Blogger Keri said...

Tres chouette, indeed! =D By the way, I think I know what book that is. *wink wink* Hope you enjoyed the book, even if it's not the book I'm thinking of. ;) Hugs!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home